Monday, June 24, 2013

Quick Synopsis of the 10k

We got there and EVERYONE was wearing blue. Took us a while to figure out that that was the shirt we got for running the race.

There were men everywhere. Granted, this was a race in honor of veterans. But when we all got piled together by the start line, it was slightly overwhelming.

We got our picture taken by some Korean military guys because, we're, well, white.

Some famous girls (don't know who) led everyone in a giant group stretch...that was cool.

It was realllllly hot out! And only 9 am. I think I sweat through my entire shirt (TMI?)

I got sprayed with Ginseng to help my circulation. That was surprising as he came up from behind and got me! Turns out he was super adorable though.

I got a medal, banana, shirt, hat, towel thingy, 2 muffin things, and an energy drink for finishing.

I ran the whole thing (which I wasn't expecting to be able to do since the most I had run before the day was 5k) aaaaand I ran it in (officially) 1:04:31. CONGRATS TO ME. I'm so proud. Honestly didn't think I was capable of that.

We ran along the Han river. That was cool.

Overall it was a good time. I'm proud of my time. And I'm glad I ran a 10k in Korea. Next run will be a 5k color run in September! Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment